It’s quite difficult to define what smart work is. A possible definition is a way to work where the number of hours is not the key factor, is a way to work where hours are managed differently, where we use creativeness and explore new possibilities. Where we feel free to improvise in order to get better results.
The people who knows how to work smart normally have these characteristics: creativeness, emotional intelligence, time management skills, understanding the circumstances, positive attitude, thinking before acting, innovative spirit, being proactive, emotional control, ability to network and asking for help, setting limits, agile, adaptable and generous.
Companies should try to facilitate the long way from hard work to smart work for the good of companies, managers, employees, etc. In short, for the common good.
One of the ways to facilitate this is giving the right tools. At Internalia we call our business applications: Smart Business Applications. And it’s not a coincidence at all! Our applications are designed to improve the employee’s organization, save time and improve communications between head offices and remote workers.
We have plenty of examples among our clients, but we truly love this video about how this happens every day in the bamboo plantations in Guatemala thanks to Working Day Suite.
Don’t wait any longer and start to work smart!
Internalia group was in London last week and we couldn’t be happier with our experience there! The Telco Cloud Forum is an exclusive event just for telcos and providers in the heart of London. It’s basically a two days event, where networking is the key question. We were in fact one of the sponsors in the Telco Cloud, we had our stand there and we had the opportunity as well of being part of the panel discussion about how telecom cloud providers will evolve over the next five years.
Thanks to the very specialized event’s nature, we had a very positive experience. We had the opportunity of talking to key persons for our company, negotiate new projects and ideas for the future, exchange opinions about the closest future and how cloud providers and telcos should interact.
This is a very interesting topic for us, in fact, everything in our best seller Working Day Suite is storage in the cloud, which is completely safe and handy for our final client.
It was great to talk to all these people coming from every corner in Europe and we want to highlight here the importance of networking to meet new potential customers or partners, but also to collaborate with other complementary companies in order to grow, to cooperate, to construct a healthy business environment.
Here is a short piece of our CEO speech in the panel discussion.
Looking forward the next event!
As we said several times, we love networking and face to face communication. In consequence, the events are our preferred ecosystem!
For us all related to networking is positive: opportunities, connections, sharing knowledge and experiences. We would love to be in events all year long! This spring we have three events to attend.
In a few days, we will fly to London, right to the Telco Cloud Forum (25th and 26th April). There, we will have our stand and we expect to talk to dozens of people! The Telco Cloud Forum is the most important event about migration and cloud solutions. Telcos from all over the world will be there!
Next month we are going to be in other two events: the Momentum Summit (19th May) and the Techconnect Live (31st May). Both events will take place in Dublin.
The Momentum Summit is organized for the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and we are delighted to assist this year as new chamber of commerce members! The Techconnect Live is sponsored by Virgin Media Business Ireland and they expect more than 3000 key decisions makers from the Irish and international tech sector.
We are counting the days for these three very interesting events full of innovation and new ideas! Let s network!!! 🙂
Our Smart Business Apps fulfill the 3R: reduce, reuse and recycle. Basically our apps reduce the paper waste and energy consumption, reuse a tool that the companies already have, the employees smartphones, and recycle the information: is stored in the cloud and is always there, accessible for the head office.
In short, we want to be responsible and sustainable and we want to help others to do it as well with our Smart Business Apps!
Obviously the environmental impact of industrial companies is much bigger if we compare with offices, but still, we have to be aware of how much damage we can make to the environment and society.
The environmental impact in offices is basically about:
- Energy consumption
- Travel consumption
- Paper waste
We help you to reduce energy and travel consumption and about the paper we reduce the level to zero. As we said before, everything is stored in the cloud.
About the society aspect of it, we help as well in improving quality of life:
- The director or supervisor lost the uncertainty : with our best seller Working Day Suite, they have real information in real time to work with and make decisions.
- The employee is more effective now and reduces travel hours, related costs and energy consumption. They can optimize their time better.
- The relationship between head office and remote employees improves dramatically because the reduction of misunderstandings thanks to the accurate real time information: healthier work relationships.
Every small change in our behaviors, in our daily tasks, counts in the environmental protection. We are specially proud of being part of all this green revolution and we want to highlight the importance of using the 3R in our personal and professional life and, remember, that every small step counts!!! 🙂
It is not always easy to transmit information and enthusiasm to your team in the office. Even more difficult when we talk about teleworking!
It’s not easy, but it’s not impossible either. If you have interest in having better and more productive relationships with your remote workers, there is always a way. Here we propose 3 very simple steps for a better long distance communication:
- Specific tasks. The tasks should be clear and specific for everyone: for the people in the office and for the people outside the office. It is proved that employees prefer to work with very specific tasks. If our message is not very clear, they get lost and frustrated. Just try to synthesize and make sure that your employee got the message by asking. Feedback should be in your day by day.
- Universal tools. Everyone should have the same access to information, tools and resources. Communication is key here and technology (in the case of teleworking) is our best friend. The field team management applications are the perfect channel of communication and data storage in this way of working. Just be careful when you choose the application. It has to be very easy to use and intuitive. Otherwise it would complicate the day of your team and it would generate more rejection than acceptance.
- Flexibility: understand that the schedules should be flexible and focus in the results. It is proved that productivity changes the whole time. One day we solved an incredible amount of work and other days we are not able of accomplish one single task. Be flexible with your team and with yourself in order to get better results! Flexibility is also key if you are looking for creativity. How many times did you find the answer to one question in your ten minutes break, in a walk, in the shower, in the morning after a good sleep? Allow your brain (and your team brain) to rest and your creativity will find the answers.
Managers must deal with issues and conflicts day by day. It´s no place to hide. If something happens the manager has to deal with it!
It’s nothing bad about conflict, if you are good listener, you have empathy and some creativity: it´s nothing to fear. Having said that, in a daily basis can be exhausting. If we can reduce the number of conflicts per day, better! Here is where technology can help.
Normally when we have an argument in personal or professional life is about something subjective. It is about opinion and points of view.
If we have reliable data, it’s easier to clarify issues. With reliable data is no much to talk about, just about what we can improve or try to solve in a different way.
The field team management applications are very helpful for managers, but are even more helpful for employees because they can send proof anytime of the job done, the issues they had during the day, etc. It works in both directions: top to bottom and bottom to top!
A good example of all this is how Working Day Suite works in the fincas in Nicaragua! In this video we can see how WDS works for Eco Planet Bamboo.